SAP – BW Course Content
SAP BW (Business Warehouse) is one of the comprehensive business intelligence product centered on a data warehouse that is optimized for the R/3 environment from SAP. It allows you to analyze data from operative SAP Applications as well as all other business applications and external data sources such as databases and online services.
Training Objectives of BW:
SAP BW enables Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) to format the information of large amounts of operative and historical data. OLAP technology activates the multi-dimensional analyses according to various business perspectives. The SAP BW System is an enterprise wide information hub, which allows you to analyze data from R/3 and non-R/3 application and present it in an Excel-Based user interface.
Target Students / Prerequisites:
Students must be aware of Microsoft Windows graphical user interface, Windows Operating system and Office tools and must be familiar with concepts in SAP.
- Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Multidimensional Modeling
- BW Architecture
- Extended Star Schema
- Introduction to BW Objects and Administrative Work Bench
- Introduction to Characteristics and Key Figures
- Texts Attributes Hierarchies for Master Data
- Data Flow in BW( Info sources/Data Source)
- Introduction to different Info Providers ( Cubes/ODS etc)
- Loading Data to a Data Target through flat files
- Meta data repository.
- Extraction of data from R/3 system
- Concept of Delta Queue
- Introduction to different Delta Types in R/3
- Debugging Extraction and Concept of Data Source in R.3
- Extraction using Generic Extraction (Table/View/Info set/ FM)
- Extraction from FI(GL/AP)
- Extraction of COPA Data
- Logistics Data Extraction (SD/MM)
- Extraction Performance Tuning Techniques
- BW Customization
At the end of the course you will get good expertise in below areas:
- Data modeling.
- Extraction techniques and creating data targets.
- BEx reporting
- Data scheduling with Process chains
- Performance tuning
- Introduction to Business Explorer
- Understanding Bex Browser, Bex Query Designer, Bex Web Application Server
- Advance Reporting/Web Reporting Techniques
- Introduction to Reporting Agent (Precalculation)
- Overview of Reporting Authorization Objects and their Usage in Security
- Performance Techniques for queries by using Aggregates. OLAP cache
- Debugging queries using RSRT Tcode
- Open HUB
- Introduction to Multi providers , Info set and Master Data Reporting
- Introduction to Process Chains for optimal data load scheduling
- Overview and Introduction of Metadata Repository
- Business Content usage and Object Version
- Introduction to the concept of delta for data loading process
- Transport Methodology
- Performance tuning( Aggregates , Compression etc)
- Real time scenarios.